Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Blue Jackets' 10th Anniversary patch

My, how the wind sweeps along the plains of Twitter.  A gentleman from Auburn, Alabama named Everett Duke posted a page out of a hockey patch company's catalog and Tweets that he's impressed with the Columbus Blue Jackets' new 10th Anniversary patch - which no one in the CBJ fan base had seen.  Eric Smith from HockeyBuzz re-tweets it to the CBJ fan community, and we're off to the races!

Here's the patch (photo touched up by The Hockey Writers' Rick Gethin):

All that in the course of two hours.  Aren't these inter-tubes grand? 

As for the patch: Not too shabby looking if you ask me!  Everett tells me that the patch will be on the Blue Jackets' jerseys all season long in 2010-2011.  Presumably, this would be a patch that would go on the players' shoulders a la the "JHM" commemorative patch of recent past.


  1. I like that the Blue Jackets celebrate their state in their logo. The only team that does to the best of my knowledge.

  2. Wow. Great blog you have over here. I am going to keep it on my blogroll at Confessions of a Hockey Fanatic.

    As for the logo.. it looks pretty cool. I bet it looks just as awesome on a Blue Jackets jersey.