|Never thought I'd be using THIS graphic again...|
- Center Kyle Wilson has cleared waivers.
- Defenseman Mike Commodore was waived and, barring something entirely unforeseen, will clear. He carries a pretty high price tag.
- Winger and Alternate Captain Ethan Moreau has been placed on injured reserve retroactive to January 4.
- Forward Matt Calvert has been called up from the AHL Springfield Falcons. Coach Scott Arniel says that Calvert will play on Friday night against Anaheim.
- Both Wilson and Commodore are skating with the CBJ in California today.
- Other bits and pieces - This blog entry by Jeff Little perhaps does the best job I've seen in tying up the loose ends.
Yet, like everything that happens around CBJ general manager Scott Howson, it's clear that there's a chess game going on. Pieces are being put in position before the final moves are made. I mean, let's think about it:
- Why was Kyle Wilson not sent to Springfield?
- Why was Commodore waived?
- Why are Wilson and Commodore still hanging around with the CBJ if they've been waived?
- How long is Moreau going to be out (beyond the "at least a week" projection)?
- How long is Calvert going to hang around with the Blue Jackets?
- What will Scott Howson do with the two open roster slots that waiving Wilson and Commodore offers?
So let's sit back and see what unfolds, shall we?