We're kind of limping into this one. The DBJ is diligently trying to recreate the Christmas vacation movie. Last I heard, the garbage disposal went down last night late. Remember, no smoking near the sewer! On the personal front, I'm down in Predators land, visiting with the in-laws. You may not believe this, but the local TV barons are not scrambling to put the CBJ games on the tube down here. So basically, I'm working off of Bob McElligott's dulcet tones from the radio broadcast.
Earlier this week we conducted a little reader poll, and the results were unanimous. We will be bringing back the six-pack review for the rest of the hockey season. A couple of things we'd like you to keep in mind. The six-packs are more work for us. Since we do this for fun, there will be times when circumstances just throw things in the crapper. Like, say, today. So we don't promise perfection, but we aim to please, so we'll see how it goes. With that...
|To me, for being a Boomer, and|
forgetting to put the six pack graphic
on a thumb drive so I could use it on the road.
2. Our second CBJ beer goes to Cam Atkinson, for assisting on the initial goal, and then scoring the only goal in the shoot out. Cam has been bringing steady play of late, and is starting to fulfill the promise he has of being a good NHL player. I wonder where his ceiling is? With 10G-10A-20P Cam is part an ever increasing number of BlueJackets in double digits for goals this year. That depth is great to have as we get into a stretch where play is going to ramp up. The Jackets need to match that, and scoring depth is a good way to do it.
3. My third CBJ beer goes to Arty Anisimov. I really thought he had a quiet early season, and played a role in some of the teams early struggles. He seems to have solidified his game, and the offensive touch has emerged. Scoring the first goal by jumping on a rebound, and roofing it over a sprawling Brodeur, Arty has put together a string of really solid games. Atta boy Arty.
4. My fourth CBJ beer goes to the Columbus Blue Jackets iPad app, which is really awesome if you are on the road and want to catch the game. They have added the radio feed to it, and it has a function where you can follow the game, with players coming on, and a text version of significant events. Coupled with McElligott's radio broadcast, it is a great way to take in the game if you are traveling.
5. My fifth CBJ beer is a bit of a weird one. It goes to Jody Shelly. Because Jody really only made a very short stop on the radio broadcast, before muscling in to help with the TV production. Nice Jody! Way to go. He is pretty smooth, and has some good insights to the game. He is a boost to either of the productions.
6. My sixth CBJ beer goes to our readers. Thanks for sticking with it, and thanks for letting us know your thoughts. You keep this fun.
A day late, a dollar short, but in the books nonetheless. Here's wishing you an enjoyable playoff race, 'cause we got one of them, you know!