Aw, heck, let's do it Letterman-style: The Top 10 possible Columbus Blue Jackets "internal conversations" about a Sheldon Souray for Mike Commodore trade, from the home office in Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta:
10. "Sheldon Souray's agent called. Said that Sheldon would love to play for a team like Columbus."
9. "Souray for Commodore? Who came up with that crazy idea? Don Cherry or Pierre MacGuire?"
8. "It's Friday, so let's break out the table and play 'trade a vet roulette.' Today's Blue Jacket is Mike Commodore. Spin the wheel....and....Sheldon Souray? Eww...that sucks. Spin again! Hey, Boyd landed on Duncan Keith! Let's get Bowman on the line, you know, for giggles."
7. "No, MacFarland, I wanted a viable candidate for Commodore. Not Sheldon Souray..."
6. "Let's see...it's been 29 days since Tambellini called about dumping Souray on us.
5. "Look at Commie's fitness test results. Not too shabby. Guess we don't have to concern ourselves with Souray."
4. "Sheldon Souray's agent called again. Said that Sheldon has better hair than Mike Commodore."
3. "Gosh, look at all of those Edmonton players getting cut loose. Nillson, O'Sullivan, Souray...ooh, Moreau. Let's pick up Moreau."
2. "Portzline called again about Souray for Commodore? Tell him we're not interested."
1. "Kevin Dineen called. He says that Sheldon Souray should be on the CBJ roster - would be much better than Mike Commodore for his system."
[UPDATE: TSN's Bob McKenzie offered the following Tweet: "EDM and CBJ haven't spoken on Souray in more than a week. Teams will talk again at end of camp after CBJ gets better feel on its roster." OK, so we have confirmation that the two teams have talked. How hard was that?]