|What started with so much hope and optimism at training camp has...turned into this: 2-12-1.|
That has proven not to be, and we've been going through this mess for a month-plus now. Gallos and I have explored plenty of issues with this club over that period on this blog, and here's a handy selection of our thoughts, in no particular order:
- On coaching (part I): Will the CBJ ever recover from the firing of Dave King? by Gallos
- Just one flippin' win, please...: So it's come to this by DBJ
- Wild-arse guesses based in disbelief that this team is not what was advertised: Wherein DBJ desperately looks to rationalize this mess by DBJ
- The team's toxic culture: They must learn to hate losing more than anything by Gallos
- The moment of strategic decision (after 8 games, mind you...we're now at 15): The fork in the road by DBJ
- On coaching (part II): Do I want Scott Arniel to get fired? by DBJ
- Watching much of the roster's young talent being banished to the AHL: The purge of youth is almost complete by DBJ
- Wherein I thought there might be enough talent to win a few games: The Emperor has some sweet threads by DBJ (Caveat: Now, I'm not so sure, so please read with a grain of salt.)
- The locker room doesn't believe: Body Language by Gallos
- The steady regression away from what this coaching staff was hired to do: The (re-) transformation is complete by DBJ
- Confronting the disconnect head-on: A brief conversation by DBJ
- Recognizing that the season is functionally over: The Hangover, Part 2 by DBJ
- If the season is lost, make lemonade out of slow-dripping lemons: Why the CBJ cannot afford to waste the 2011-12 start by Gallos
You can't say we haven't been on top of this.
Over on Nationwide Boulevard, minor moves are being made to the roster. The coaching staff is off at the grocery store buying more noodles to throw at the wall. And loyal fans are forced to endure humiliating loss after humiliating loss after humiliating loss.
Truly reasonable fans can be excused for believing that nothing meaningful will change until the dysfunctional dynamic of the Columbus Blue Jackets is shaken to its core. Simply put: It isn't working, and there is no compelling reason to think that it will anytime soon.
So we wait...and watch the games continue to slip away en route to an epically disastrous season.