|All of a sudden, the 300-ish people who turned out at the All-Star|
Weekend fan protest seem remarkably reasonable, eh?
- Game Changer - Light The Lamp
- Scott Howson's Shot Across the Bow - The Hockey Writers
- Colum-Bustible - Full Mental Jackets
- What I think happened between Rick Nash, Scott Howson and CBJ ownership and why I don't blame Nash - RedditCBJ
- Scott Howson tosses Rick Nash under the C-bus, reveals captain’s trade demand - Puck Daddy (Yahoo!)
- The Rick Nash Mess - Carry The Flag
- Rick Nash trade talk: Don’t blame Columbus’ GM for going public with star’s request - Yahoo! Sports
- The Kobayashi Maru Trade Deadline - (Gallos at) The Dark Blue Jacket
I can't see the current cast of characters - a hockey operations department with precious little to show for nearly five years worth of effort and a mutinous captain of a roster with a core that cannot bring themselves to compete with any consistency - working anything out that won't tear this team apart. In the process, they will likely damage the precious bond that a sports team has with its community - perhaps permanently. That cannot be allowed to happen any more than it already has.
John P. McConnell, do something.
Getting rid of Scott Howson and Rick Nash as soon as humanly possible would be a fine start.
A pox on both their houses.