March 14, 2011
We hope that you are enjoying the 2010-11 National Hockey League season. This year's Western Conference race is extremely competitive and the standings seem to change on a daily basis. There is no question that the remaining weeks of the regular season will be very exciting for hockey fans. (Yet no mention of the playoffs.)
As we approach the final weeks of the regular season, we wanted to provide you with information regarding the renewal of your Six Game Pack for next season and Stanley Cup Playoff tickets for all games that may take place at Nationwide Arena this season. (THERE'S the playoff ticket mention.)
Renew your 2011-12 season Six Game Pack by March 31st and you will receive the following benefits:
- ABSOLUTE LOWEST PRICES – Act now and lock in the absolute lowest prices that will be offered on Six Game Packs for the 2011-12 season. Click here for details.
- FLEXIBILITY – you choose the games you want with the Six Game "Flex Plan". The Flex Plan includes Opening Night, and your choice of two Premium Games such as Detroit and Chicago and three additional regular season games. (OK, now this is cool. There were four pre-selected six game packs from which to choose for this season, and I really like the idea of additional flexibility.)
- FREE AUTOGRAPHED PUCK - Renew now and you’ll receive an autographed puck for each Six Game Pack you purchase. Choose from Rick Nash, R.J. Umberger, Steve Mason, Antoine Vermette, Derick Brassard or Jakub Voracek (Pucks are nice. Pucks signed by those guys are better. Didn't get anything like it last year.)
- EXCLUSIVE EVENT AT NATIONWIDE ARENA – Renew your Six Game Pack for next season now and join us for an exclusive event at Nationwide Arena on Saturday, April 2. Enjoy skating on the Nationwide Arena ice, a tour of the Blue Jackets locker room hosted by a Jackets coach and more. (Another new spiff for the bottom-level ticket package owner. Much appreciated.)
We would also encourage you to consider upgrading your Six Game Pack to a Full Season, Half Season or Quarter Season Plan for next season. (Here's the up-sell... good for them for trying. I'm actually considering jumping up a package or two.) As a Quarter Season Plan Holder, you receive 11 great games plus a number of valuable benefits including:
- Significant Savings vs. Single Game Prices – save up to $473 per seat as compared to single game prices. Click here to see a complete breakdown of the Quarter Season Plan prices and savings.
- Lock-In 2010-11 Prices - reserve your Quarter Season Plan by Monday, March 28 and you can purchase a Quarter Season Plan at the 2010-11 season price. This represents an additional savings of up to $154 per seat as compared to the 2011-12 season pricing which goes into effect on March 29. (WHOA. "Lock in 2010-2011 prices"? As in ticket prices are rising for next season? Is this just on packages, or on single game tickets, too? How did I miss this?)
- Preferred Playoff Prices – reserve a Quarter Season Plan for next season now and enjoy the special discounted playoff prices offered to our Quarter Season plan holders and save up to $139 per seat as compared to single game prices. Click here for Quarter Season Plan playoff pricing (Hey - we can dream....right?)
- Flexibility – you can choose from four pre-set packages or, new for 2011-12, create your own Quarter Season "Flex Plan" which includes Opening Night, and your choice of three premier games, six additional regular season games and one pre-season game. Click here for Quarter Season Flex Plan information (And a flex plan for quarter-season seats, too? No guaranteed seat placement, however, which I guess is to be expected.)
- Guaranteed Allotment of Playoff Tickets – as a Quarter Season Plan holder you will be guaranteed to receive at least one (1) game in each round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs this year. (Guaranteed. Nice. This is a compelling offer.)
- Flexible Payment Plans – including our 12 Month Interest Free Payment Plan. Click here to see all four (4) payment options.
- Plus a number of other great benefits – Click here to see a complete list of the benefits offered to our Full Season, Half Season and Quarter Season Plan holders. (Wow - nice spiffs for upgrading. Very enticing. It looks like they are unloading the spiffs on the full Season Ticket Holders, however, as it should be. And the 15% discount in the Blue Line stores trumps my 10% AAA member discount.)
Again, thank you for your continued support. We look forward to sharing the fun and excitement of the playoff race with you over the next few weeks.
John M. Browne
Senior Vice President, Chief Marketing Officer
All told, an interesting email that demonstrates that the Columbus Blue Jackets are taking their ticket package holders - even the lowly 6-game package holders - VERY seriously. New spiffs, locked in ticket pricing, flexibility in game selections...nice.
But are ticket prices going up?