1a. As I post this, the highlights (such as they are have not been posted). So watch this and weep instead:
1b. Note the 3:50 area... "To be honest, at the end of the period I thought it was out of reach so I went downstairs to play some NHL 10. And I got upstairs to watch it a little late." Sigh.
1c. In the interest of completeness, here are the "highlights" (term used VERY loosely):
Stan Fischler: Now I know why Detroit beat Columbus, 9-1, a few weeks ago. Jackets have AWFUL goalies.
2a. From PuckeyesMom to Stan: Unnecessary & inaccurate - if you are *truly* watching the game, you would see that the D is the problem, not the goalies.
2b. I think we have the most observant fans in the business.
3. From hockeyisgood: jackets need to work on defensive odd man rushes and defense...thats a big problem even from the #preds game
3a. From CBlueJacketFan: The defense should have strong legs tomorrow night, since they really didn't use them tonight.
3b. From bcluxton: here's a thought - call up Roy and Clitsome. We need D-men that will hit.
3c. From BlueJacketsBuzz: We all agree that the D has major flaws. Who does Howson go get? Joe Corvo & Paul Mara have to be 2 targets to trade for.
4. The inability of this team to forecheck - hard, punishing forechecks, I mean - is totally baffling. It's not Hitch hockey.
4a. I honestly believe that the Rangers were physically weak. The Jackets didn't capitalize.
4b. From 97.1 The Fan's sports journalist LoriSchmidt: You know it's one thing when Detroit makes the Blue Jackets look this bad. These are the Rangers!
PuckeysMom: Mason allows 4 goals... Garon allows 3 goals... Lundqvist allows 4 goals, yet Lundqvist is a god. Go figure.
5a. From jackets4life: The post has as many saves as Garon. Yikes.
6. From Fox Sports Ohio's raycrawford at the 2nd intermission: if this keeps up.. cbj will have lost just 2 in regulation in last 11.. will have been outscored in those loses 16-4.
7. Did R.J. Umberger make the trip from Nashville? I don't think I've ever missed him so completely in a game.
7a. From puckeye: Is it a good or bad thing to not notice Paulson?
8a. It should be noted that Jared Boll had a Gordie Howe Hat Trick - a goal, an assist and a fight (two fights, actually!).
8b. From CBlueJacketFan: My picks for tonight's 3 stars: Boll, Boll's left fist, Boll's right fist.
9a. The Captain had 5 shots and a +/- of -4 on the night. Ouch.
10. From DamonChristen: One word....Suck
10a. From seppesai: re: tonight's game-- at least it wasn't a conference game.
10b. From seventyeight: All I can say is *SIGH*
10c. From LeeAuer: Well, we rolled over, woke up, and got it going with momentum for tomorrow vs. Montreal
10d. From LoriSchmidt Well, at least it's been a couple minutes since the Rangers have scored...
NEXT UP: Tomorrow in the Bell Centre against Les Habitants. At least this loss won't stink too long...
Photos from Yahoo! NHL.