2. The back-to-back games bit the CBJ in this game. The defensive lapses again plagued the Jackets with increasing frequency throughout the game.
2a. I'm wondering if conditioning is a new area of concern. These guys just fade down the stretch.
3. Mathieu Garon performed...ok...in turning aside 24 of 29 of the Habs' shots. I was only truly upset with 1 of the 5 goals:
3a. At least his performance was mediocre/bad enough that no one's going to complain when Mase starts against the Senators on Thanksgiving.
3b. Poor Steve Mason, sitting in that little box by himself for the whole game. Looked like he was in Time Out.
5. Two assists from Captain Rick Nash, including the masterpiece below. He was a little more of a presence than against the Rangers, but he's still way too quiet on the ice.
5a. At least his +/- was zero tonight...but keeping in mind that he had two assists, that means he was on the ice for at least two goals.
6. Speaking of +/-, Jan Hejda "led" the team with a -3 on the night. For a guy who hung his hat on having a gargantuan positive +/- since coming to Columbus, a -3 makes me think he's still hurt. He's clearly not himself.
6b. Speaking of injuries, I think we miss Derek Dorsett. He's a real spark plug, and his absence is noticeable.
7. Shame that the Jackets had to fade out on a night where their game was the only game played in the entire league.
7a. At least the utter humiliation was contained to one night (the Rangers game).
8. OK, the TSN highlight package at the top was a sick joke. Pierre McGuire is a doofus. His interview with Jeff Rimer after the 1st period was lunacy. What was that supposed joke about "The U"? Was it an Ohio State joke? Idiot.
8a. Side TV note: This NHL on the Fly micro-analysis of the CBJ is just painful.
9a. To quote The Bard: Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.
10. Despite the crappy showing the past two games, I like the CBJ playing in Eastern Conference arenas. Columbus REALLY shouldn't be in the West. I know I've mentioned it before, but I really mean it.
NEXT UP: At Ottawa on (American) Thanksgiving Day. Who's inviting Dorsett to their house for Turkey Day?
Photos from Yahoo NHL.